Twitter Badge

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Siji Wants You to "Ijo"

You know, up until I saw this video, I thought I was a good dancer. But mehn, these people Break. It. Down. I am going to use this video as a textbook for dance until so that I'm not embarrassed when I go back to Nigeria this summer. I musto know de latest mofs.

SIJI - 'Ijo'(Official Video) from SIJI on Vimeo.


The song is a departure for Siji's usual mellow, acoustic soul sound - it's uptempo, funky and electro, almost like a fuji-house mashup. I've recently become a dance music head, so I'm definitely feeling it. One thing I love about Nigerian music is the simplistic approach that they take to production: you don't need to have a packed soundscape or throw in a crapton of effects and instruments - sometimes the music just needs breathing space so that it really get down.

(via MTV Iggy)

1 comment:

  1. looove it
    am going to look for the song to download
    the guy in d white garb cracked me up

    ReplyDelete